Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful for SO much!


So with Thanksgiving quickly approaching us, I figured I would take a few minutes to express my sincere gratefulness during this week that we should all take a minute to recall the things that we are Thankful for in our lives. And don’t say I have nothing to be thankful for because I will argue with you and tell you there is always ALWAYS ALWAYS something to be thankful for my friend!


With that being said I will mention my most recent thankful moment; and that was watching my closest cousin, my best friend since nine months after birth, marry her new best friend. For all our lives it has always been the two of us; whether it was wanting to kill one another or ready to kill someone for the other, OR arguing over who was right or proving the world we were ALWAYS right, OR laughing at one another for how ridiculous we looked or laughing at EVERYONE ELSE for how ridiculous THEY look, we have been there for one another no matter what. And I am more thankful than ever that I was able to stand beside her as she vowed to begin a new life with a new best friend, her husband. In that moment we made new memories that we will laugh about for years; however, in this moment I am overly thankful that I was able to be here for this day that meant more to her than words can ever explain. I am ecstatic to watch her family continue to grow and to continue to be here to set her straight, listen to her sorrows, slaughter anyone who crushes her dreams, and do all of the other things that I have always done, just taking a tiny step backwards and allowing her new best friend to pick up where I have now stepped back.  Granted he has big shoes to fill, but I have no doubt that he will be able to do so just right. She wouldn’t have picked him if he couldn’t manage the task. I’ll help him out when he needs, poor fella, he will probably need assistance … LOL ! Congrats to you both and I look forward to the many memories our families will make together as the years fly us by. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!


Next I am thankful for my parents. Unlike most people I was fortunate enough to have four. Which meant someone was always watching – so if you think I was a sneaky child that only means that I was extra good because I had four of them to sneak around. HAHA just clowning folks!!!! I am very thankful for the lessons these four people taught me throughout my life. From the cooking lessons, the solid Christian upbringing, the punishments, the vein test, the humiliations, the cold bust, the whippings, the outdoor loving, independent lessons, to the little things I continue to learn from them daily, I cannot Thank God enough for blessing me with these people. They allow me as an adult to see the things I want so badly to continue with Kiptyn and the things I will choose not to continue with his generation. They have, together helped me to become the person that I have become today. Granted I still have a lot of growing to do, but I am certain they will continue to guide me through this journey of life. Losing one of the four was more difficult than I ever imagined but Gods plan revealed itself as he brought a new parent into my life within this time frame that I have no doubts can do as great of a job as the rest with my siblings and I as we continue to learn life lessons that will teach us daily.

That now brings me to me being ever so thankful for my siblings. Being the oldest of four it required me to grow up a little faster because I had big sister duties that had to be met. Sometimes I forget they are ALL almost grown themselves and the big sister guard must come down a little to let them live and learn for themselves. As I am asked the question I cannot answer at the moment “Will y’all have more children?” I hurt to think that Kiptyn may not be able to experience the love of siblings like I was given the opportunity to experience. Without my siblings I truly don’t know where I would be. Now that we are all older I appreciate them more now than ever. They understand me and my situations better than anyone else and vice versa. Only my siblings can have you ready to kill them in one minute, yet squeezing the life out of them with hugs the next, OR having traumatizing events on the dates that COULD NOT be forgotten even if we tried, OR give our parents/grandparents heart attacks with the genius pranks we pull on them, OR stop talking to one another for periods of time then realize that life is too short to not forgive and LOVE one another no matter what!! We all four are very different yet, more alike than anyone can imagine. I am so thankful that my parents gave me the opportunity to have siblings because I truly cannot imagine life without them.


I am also thankful for the other members of my family that I have not mentioned. Gods plan is so amazing – and realizing that when you sit back and examine your families make-up is just as amazing. People are married into your family for reasons unknown to us most of the time, but as time progresses we can only be grateful for the multitude of things that these people bring to our lives. Not all family is blood. Some family consists of the friends that become closer than blood relatives have ever been. Those friends that have helped you through life changing things or that you have helped through life changing events. These friends, I believe, God put them in your life for a special reason. We may not be able to see that reason just yet; however, it is not coincidental. For this, I am thankful for the friends that we have. They are so true to us as we are to them. True friendship is hard to find and I am thankful that Joey & I can stand tall and say we have found those friends that have become family.

I am also thankful for my AMAZING husband. I’m sure you read all about him in a past blog of mine, but I will add more to top him off. The things that Joey and I face on a daily basis truly blow me out of the water. Not many husbands could stand as strong as Joey does knowing loyalty when he sees it. Not many husbands could be faced with traumatizing news and stand strong as a rock for his family. Not many husbands can overlook the petty and realize the importance of his family. But I can tell you, I do have one of the MANY husbands that CAN do these things. I have one of the husbands that will work harder than most to provide the things for his family. The husband that will lay down his life for the ones he loves. And I am more grateful than ever to call him mine. I am so glad that God picked him for me and I was able to see just what he had in store for me. Love you babe, couldn't do it without you for sure!




One of the most important, I am thankful for my crumb snatcher! He has given me the most life I could ever imagine. He not only has brought me the joys of motherhood, but SO much more. He has shown me a completely different side of existence. He has given me new eyes. A new way of looking at things. New outlooks on life. New approaches at future ideas. A new attitude. And last but not least a new heart. I love the idea that when I had a child I thought I would have to teach him so much, I cannot wait to one day let him know exactly how much more he has taught me. He has showed me the meaning to the saying “don’t sweat the small stuff.” He has allowed me to see the “little things that matter most.” He has kept me from doing so much yet allowed me to do more than I ever imagined. He has been my guide as we battle Autism together – me only shielding him from the negative until I can make them understand too. He has shown me the true meaning of Faith. He has made me believe that NO one can EVER tell you that you CAN NOT or WILL NOT be able to do something – because you CAN and WILL if you choose. He has made me appreciate life and people so much more. He has made my life so much better than I could have ever dreamed. He is our rock! He is our baby blue. He is our child! We LOVE you to the MOON and back Kiptyn!



Last but certainly not least, I am Thankful for God. Without him I would not be able to be thankful for all of the things listed above. I am thankful that I was able to maintain my faith throughout all of the trials and tribulations that I have faced and will face as my life continues. I am thankful for the people God has placed into my life and even more thankful for the ones that he has removed from my life. I am thankful that God has given me eyes to see things differently, eyes to forgive, eyes to turn away when I’m tempted to overreact, eyes to watch and learn, eyes to see karma return its favors, and eyes to love the true people in my life. I am thankful that God has transformed me – changed me – and will be waiting patiently for me while I finish my work here on Earth. Until then I will praise his name and enjoy the opportunities like this one that I have to testify to you all of the millions of things/people that I have been blessed to have in my life.




I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving this year and that you can take a few minutes to realize all the amazing things/people that you have to be thankful for and the creator that allowed you to have those things/people!


No comments:

Post a Comment